2.0

Tide's Original liquid laundry detergent scent has been changed in the past year or so, and now it's unbearably bad. It's the same offensive scent Procter & Gamble uses in a line of car air fresheners and, most recently, Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant.

I first noticed it in Uber air fresheners, then in Tide, then in Old Spice. One by one, it stood out as awful. I discovered the trend in smells before I discovered these products were owned by the same company.

I have permanently discontinued use of Tide Original and Old Spice Pure Sport, which I have been using for decades. I buy detergent and deodorant based on smell and efficacy, and Procter & Gamble made a horrible decision to destroy 50% of these products' worth.

I'm not smell-blind. You've lost me as a customer.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of tide original scent liquid laundry detergent from Tide. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Tide to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Tide for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I agree with this comment 100%

True!! Just bought it on sale at my local Walgreens.

It stinks! I only twisted the cap off to check the smell. Smells ratty!

I swear. I will return it.

Yes, I agree. I washed my bedding, and my room smells really bad.

I just rewatched with the scent beads only and hung outside to dry. Really bad!

First I noticed my clothes didn’t smell fresh with the Tide pods so I switched back to liquid and now I noticed the same thing. This is a very expensive brand and smells cheap or stall. I am going to switch to something else

The Tide Original liquid detergent does smell awful now, as does the Tide Liquid with Bleach. I don't buy either of them anymore.

Agree, won't buy it again. New scent stinks

I meant in my review it smells like talcum powdered f@rts on your clothes.

I think it makes clothes smell like powered ***. I know that sounds childish but that’s the best way for me to describe it.

I just used it for the first time in a longtime because I got a big bottle of liquid tide from my mom. Now all my clothes stinks.

Hearne, Texas, United States #1317390

I think that Tide is one of the absolute worst things to use. I believe that it causes mildew to grow.

We have a 3 year okd washer and have never had a problem with mildew smell. After one week of Tide, the smell over powers the washer area.

We cleaned it and went back to our old detergent for 6 months with no problem. Tried Tide again, and after less than a week...the mildew was back.

to John #1556043

I’ve notice the same thing as well. I was wondering if it was my washer!!

I cleaned my washer w baking soda and vinegar and it still smelled after. I then decided to take my clothes to the laundry mat thinking it was my washer, low and behold, the smell is still there!!!!

Now I know it’s TIDE!!! I guess I’m switching to a new detergent and it WILL NOT be ride because I agree, it stinks!!