I have always been a Tide fan.Nothing has worked better at keeping my family's clothes clean.
A couple years ago, I tried a package of Tide pods to use at a laundermat near our weekend cottage. They were convenient and worked fine. Flash forward to a few weeks ago, I purchased a pack of Tide + febreeze 4 in 1 pods. They were on sale, so I decided to try them at home.
To be honest, they worked fine with no issues. Until this past weekend, on Sept. 12. I was a up north at the lake with my kids and had packed jeans for the cooler weather.
These 2 pair had been washed, dried and folded less than 2 weeks before by me. I ALWAYS put the pod in first and load jeans in first in cold water for dark colors. Of course, none of this was on my mind when I put on a pair of $88 White House Black Market jeans and headed into town to shop. About an hour later, my (very) upper thigh was feeling sore so I reached back and touched where it hurt and I felt a rip in my pants!
Directly below my right butt cheek! I was embarassed and wondered how I tore my pants and scratched my leg so bad without knowing. Later, when we got back, I immediately took off my pants and saw two circular, bleached out holes where the "rips" were. Also, there were 2 bright blue circles on my thigh, matching up to where the holes were.
I was dumbfounded. I grabbed a clean wet towel and wiped gently until the blue came off. I was left with two, bright, red painful welts. I couldn't it figure out until I put on the other pair if jeans.
I noticed right away a few faded spots and streaks. I still didn't put 2 and 2 together. Then one of the splotches started to fray about an hour later. I changed out of them and washed my legs really well.
There is no other possible explanation. The tide pods did NOT dissolve correctly, ruining 2 pairs of jeans- both bought this past spring -$166 and leaving me with a chemical burn on my leg.
It's been 4 days and my leg burn has turned to 2 round, crusty sore spots.Not a happy customer anymore.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Tide Pods
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have used tide for two years now, but some of my favorite pieces of clothing have become "Stained" with a pink to purple stain on my grays and..."
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "My daughter plugged in her Scentsy plug in warmer and when she flicked the on switch a spark flew out of the switch and the switch and her hand were..."
- "Worst expierence ever with this company. I spent £40.00 on flowers and they firstly did not send me a confirmation email. I had to call to find out if they..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "Daniel Unsworth is in the practice of promising anything to get your money or service, then never delivering on his promises. He might string you along for awhile until he..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."